The Nationalism Studies Program at Central European University offers both one- and two-year Master-degree programs to its approximately 45 students and also supports the research activity of doctoral students specializing in Nationalism Studies.
The Nationalism Studies Program invites applications for a Coordinator position to provide day-to-day administrative and organizational support to the department, its students and faculty members.
The employee would be expected to work 20 hours/week from August 01 to September 30, 2022, and 35 hours/week from October 01, 2022.
Duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be flexible and willing to handle a variety of projects. Typical tasks include:
- Providing day-to-day assistance and support to students and faculty members
- Assisting with departmental budget preparation
- Managing academic data
- Overseeing course registration
- Preparing and distributing course reading materials
- Maintaining departmental e-learning sites
- Organizing departmental events (workshops, conferences, public lectures, field trips, etc.)
- Managing classroom assignments
- Booking hotels and flights for visiting faculty and other, guests
- Managing the student and faculty evaluation process
- Assisting students and faculty with thesis-related tasks
- Managing the website and social media of the Nationalism Studies Program
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Working experience in academia or at an international organization
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-starter and self-manager: Takes initiative, anticipates needs, and gets things done consistently on time.
- Flexibility and reliability
- Responsive: We are committed to a high level of responsiveness across the university, with our students and corporate contacts.
- Positive attitude: The ideal candidate needs to have a "can-do" attitude.
- Experience with some or all the technology platforms that we use (Drupal website management, social media platforms, Microsoft O365 and Outlook, etc.),
- Ability to embrace and learn new technology quickly.
- Proficiency in spoken and written German
- Experience working with SAP software
- Previous working experience at CEU
We offer a competitive salary starting from 40,500 EUR/year (Full Time Equivalent) as well as a dynamic and international academic environment. A higher salary is possible if warranted by the candidate’s working experience.
The initial contract is for one year with the possibility of renewal.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants need to submit:
- CV and
- Cover letter
Please send your complete application package to: email@example.com – including the job code in the subject line: 2022/042.
We do not ask for reference letters at the first stage of application; the referees of short-listed candidates may be contacted for references later by CEU.
CEU is strongly committed to the promotion of gender equality and equal opportunities within our institution. Previous training, work experience and/or engagement with matters of equality, diversity and inclusion at the organizational level will be an asset.
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU's mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies. CEU offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of resident faculty from over 50 countries and prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit https://www.ceu.edu/.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data privacy rules, including specifically the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice (Hungary: Közép-európai Egyetem, Central European University) or https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice-austria (Austria: Central European University, CEU Central European University Private University).