The Nationalism Studies Undergraduate Essay Competition
In January the CEU Nationalism Studies Department organizes an essay competition for all undergraduate students and for those who plan to apply for the Nationalism Studies Program. This is the perfect chance for you to take the first steps of your application process, develop and structure ideas and receive individual feedback from current Nationalism studies students.
The competition will start on January 4, 2021 8:00 CET. On this day we will post three Nationalism related essay topics on our website (www.nationalism.ceu.edu). Then, you will have 7 days to write and submit your essays. Afterwards current students of the Nationalism studies program will evaluate them and will give you individual feedback. The winners of the competition will be announced on the Nationalism Studies’ Website on January 21, 2021.
1. Nationalism vs Globalization
2. Nationalism and Sports
3. Nationalism and (Falling) Statues
For the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places we guarantee a personal interview if you submit your application to the Nationalism Studies Department + CEU merchandise.
For the 4th and 5th places we have surprise gifts.
The best 5 essays will get published on our website.
Rules of the Competition
- Essay theme will be published on 04.01.2021 at 8:00 CET.
- Deadline to submit essays on 11.01.2021 at 23:59 CET.
- You can only submit one essay per candidate.
- Bibliography must be included (citation format of your choosing).
- Essay should not exceed 1000 words.
- Essay should include title page with the title of the selected topic, name of the candidate, and date.
- Essay must be written in English. Essay will not be judged based on grammar or spelling mistakes.
- Submit essay to email@example.com, with Yessay in the subject line, as a PDF titled: Lastname_Firstname_NatEssayComp.
If you have further questions do not hesitate to get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org